.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 27, 2006

    Quit Obsessing and Get some Advice

    I bought new shoes yesterday. Based on my previous injury history I decided that the Asics were no longer going to cut it. So I went shopping for some motion-control/stability shoes that would work with my orthotic inserts. First of all, I'm not the tiniest person around, but it's a little discouraging to be looking at shoes that are marketed at "heavier" runners.

    Second, I don't know if I got the right shoes! Now I'm obessesing and I haven't even run a yard in them yet.

    So, do any of the RBF members have experience with either:
    Brooks Addiction 6
    or
    New Balance 857?

    I went with the Brooks for the sole reason that they didn't have the New Balance shoes in my size. The Brooks are nice b/c they come in narrow and I have very narrow feet. But when I went to the Runner's World's online shoe guide, the New Balance shoes had more stars. So now I'm worried that I jumped the gun and I should have held off for them to order my size in the New Balance shoes.

    Tonight my plan is to hop on a treadmill (can't take new shoes back unless tested only on treadmill) and try them out. But if anyone wants to weigh in, now's your chance!

    1 Comments:

    At 7:33 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Shoe drama only started after becoming a runner for me! I am a Brooke's girl so far. From my shoe experience, most runners have a brand that they swear by and love. But I haven't found one shoe endorsed more than another. Not in real life anyway. Those polls have really thrown me before. I see those stars next to a shoe's rating and think magical thoughts.
    Good luck finding 'the one' shoe for you!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home