.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 16, 2005

    PR

    The good thing about a first is that you always set a P.R., right? P.R. has multiple meanings to me because while in my running world, it means one thing, in my professional life, it means another. But all of that aside, I ran my first 5K today. Ok, so it wasn't my first ever, but I feel the need to wipe my previous slate clean from high school and college and start fresh. And because I don't have any official record of any other 5K times, I can do that. See me making up my own rules here? Well I am.

    Were you wanting me to share that time with you? Let me preface it with the fact that it wasn't fantastic. Please factor in my injury and the fact that I've run twice since the marathon. (Remember that little ordeal?) It was 32:35. Not bad in my mind. I REALLY wanted it to be 30:00. But I ran my little heart out. And, my first mile was 10:07, which I felt really, really good about. And my second split was 22:08, which again, wasn't bad.

    As I crossed the finish line, I felt a little pukey feeling and I coughed a little, but luckily, I DIDN'T PUKE!!!! Aren't we all proud of me for not puking?!

    So Matt came to cheer me on and then we went to breakfast. He told me to run fast so we could eat sooner. He also likes 5K's much better than marathons now and has encouraged me to take them up. They end a lot faster and he doesn't have to take me to the emergency room after. Eh, I can't blame him.

    If you have a chance, you should really check out the cause for this run. I cried when I was going through my race packet and reading about it. (Don't make fun of me!) Then I felt the little tears well up every time I saw the kids on the sidelines with signs that read, "Run for Abby."

    6 Comments:

    At 10:51 AM, October 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Stephanie.
    You ran your 5K today!
    I read in your blog yesterday that you were going to.
    Congratulations!
    I thought of you this morning,
    but wasnt sure what time
    you were running.
    I love your passion &
    commitment! You're inspiring.
    See you later?
    Jay

     
    At 8:36 PM, October 16, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    heyyyyyy!!!!! congratulations.... thats awesome! :)

    good job not puking!! heh.

     
    At 2:10 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Ah, I'm inspired!! Fantastic!!! There IS life after a marathon not involving hospitals!!

    I'm so glad to hear you are better.
    Are you totally cured now? Did you ever find out what exactly the problem (with your leg, I mean) was? And are you still doing crazy mad exercising?

    I thought of you yesterday as I logged 90 minutes on the elliptical. "Not as good as Stephanie!" But man, that was a record for me. My feet were no longer attached to my body at the end!

     
    At 2:50 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger April Anne said...

    Congratulations!!

     
    At 8:27 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Rae said...

    Way to go!! The best thing about 5Ks is they're over FAST! I've seen PLENTY of people puking and passing out after them so congrats on NOT being one of them! =) Way to be different!

     
    At 8:35 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger D said...

    Great job on your 5K! I love that particular 5K (I did the inaugural race 2 years ago ?) because it is for such a worthy cause. Sad. Congrats!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home