.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 23, 2005

    Just running

    So this past week, I've been struggling with running. I can't seem to get into the groove again. I ran today and Wednesday and neither time deserves its own post. I am stil having some pain in my hamstring, quite a bit actually. I'm due for a new pair of shoes and I don't want to spend the money on them now. I think I need to put a heavy focus on cross-training and see if I can't whip myself into shape.

    I've been thinking about The Turkey Trot and while I'm not making any final decisions, I may not run it. Why? Because I kind of want to run for a little while, just to run, with no race in the future. I see racing in my future for sure, but for now, I may need to spend some time just running.

    4 Comments:

    At 7:35 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Jeremy said...

    Just be careful not to fall into the "between race funk". I find that if I don't have a goal to train for I start to fall apart.

    Just something to be aware of.

    Hope your hamstring gets to feeling better.

     
    At 7:51 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger :) said...

    I am the same way, Jeremy. Without a focus, it is really easy to just "skip" a workout. There aren't any consequences since you don't have to be ready for a specific date or race...

    Get better soon and get some new shoes! New shoes always make you want to run...

     
    At 12:35 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Are you seeing a PT or a sports therapist? I am now like their biggest fans! Even though they beat me to a black and blue pulp, it has definitely helped!

    Also, can you find a running club? That's what I plan to do so I don't end up just fading away into the sunset... see what's around in your area. but i really think you need to get some attention paid to your injury...nothing will put you off running faster....
    my 2 cents ...

    plus, we miss you!

     
    At 1:30 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    hey, fyi, i'm not running the Gobbler Grind half anymore... coach wants me to let my knee heal completely before i start running again, and said Nov. 20th just isnt enough heal time.

    major bummer.

    anyway, i'll be manning the TNT water stop along the way if you end up running it!!! :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home