.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 26, 2006

    I ran a marathon?

    For the record, it's REALLY hard to run after a long break. I'm not even going to lie. It actually sucks. Saturday, while many of you conquered 8, 10, 20 miles and beyond, I struggled to complete 2.75. Huffing, puffing, panting, sweating....

    It doesn't help that this is the same route I used to be able to run effortlessly last summer. I know it will become easier as I get back into it, but dang, it's hard. I just had to say that.

    5 Comments:

    At 8:59 PM, February 26, 2006, Blogger KT said...

    Don't call it a comeback, as LL Cool J would say. Slowly but surely, baby.

    Am serious about a run together, maybe the week of spring break? (Serious tortoise action on this end. Serious)

     
    At 8:25 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Stephanie said...

    KT,
    You are on. When is Spring Break again?
    I'm totally out of the loop...

    I'm building up and hope to be able to run 6 by the end of March/beginning of April.

     
    At 12:07 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Josh Dysart said...

    You're fine! You're just trying to play it cool .. I can tell.

     
    At 3:01 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger jeanne said...

    hey, i went thru the same thing! and i didn't even stop running! so there! just put one foot in front of the other, slow the hell down, and go slow (did I say that already?), and oh, find a goal. a do-able goal. and go slow. and stop comparing yourself to anyone but YOU.
    the end!
    (welcome back!!)

     
    At 6:31 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

    I soooo hear you. I go run my usual 3.7 mile loop and think, "who the heck are you. We want marathon guy back!"

    OK, I don't actually refer to myself in the plural in my thoughts, but you get my drift.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home