.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 07, 2005

    What can I say? The girl likes new shoes.

    Did the new shoes make the girl run better?
    OR
    Did the girl make the new shoes run better for her?

    That is the question of the day. By now I'm guessing you've figured out I bought new running shoes. Aasics GT-2100's to be exact. Yes, I finally went to Gary Gribbles and made the big purchase. I LOVE them. It's like night and day. I feel like I have actual surface room on the bottom of these shoes. I love the support. I love the stability. I love the shoes. Ok, enough.
    I want to thank my husband for encouraging to make the purchase. Honestly, without his support, I couldn't do all of this. He's the best and he supports this crazy marathon of mine which makes it all the better.

    So in order to try out my new shoes, I ran 4 miles today. (Ok, so I was going to run 4 miles anyway, but it's all about shoes...) It felt so good to get a good, solid chunk of mileage in that wasn't crappy. Like last Saturday when I ran 5 miles, it just didn't feel like I did my best. I gave in to my mind too quickly. But today, I only had one walk break and was solid the rest of the time. My route seemed mad, crazy hilly but it probably wasn't.

    It was incredibly hot, but I managed. Ok, enough about my run. Back to the shopping trip.

    Other things I bought: two packets of gu and a little thing of pepper spray. (There have been some recent attacks on the trail I run at.) I'm good to go.

    When I got back, I was reading all about gu on the Internet and I learned they have this very cool recycle program that rewards you for not throwing your gu wrapper on the ground. Also did you know that the banana blitz flavor was the first without caffeine? Trivia of the day, I'm telling you.

    I believe it's time to take these new spiffy shoes off my feet and hit the showers.

    4 Comments:

    At 7:45 PM, July 07, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    GIRL!!! Asics GT-2100, hollah. those are the shoes i have toooooo!! in spiffy grey/yellow. we are the champions of the universe, and i have this crazy feeling this weekends long run is gunna rock the hizzy!! heh.
    heck yeah, shoe buddies! (why do your new shoes make me so excited? theres something wrong with me!)

     
    At 8:31 PM, July 07, 2005, Blogger Stephanie said...

    OMG, that is the coolest evah! It makes we want to jump all around and talk like a valley girl ala 1986. Total shoe buddies. Rock it out Saturday sistah!

     
    At 8:49 PM, July 07, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

    Now I want to get new shoes...I am going right now! I don't like being the loser with the old shoes!

     
    At 9:16 PM, July 09, 2005, Blogger Sara said...

    Dave was just waxing poetic to me earlier today about the deliciousness of Hammer Gel.

    "It's really good! And not just good for an energy snack...good like candy!"

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home