.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 05, 2005

    Mental Wars

    Please tell me everyone who has trained for a marathon has periods where they have felt like I have since my last good, long run. (see 11 miles) I feel like my mind needs to go on a good 12 mile run to prove to my body that it can follow. Take today.

    I am suffering from a 2nd degree sunburn on my side from Friday's poolside adventure with my friend, Molly. Yes, I know I ran on Saturday, but I didn't get blisters until Sunday when I was at the races.

    Let me tell you, I'll take blisters on my feet any day now that I've experienced this sunburn. Before you write off my blog as complaint city, I am mighty proud that I got out and ran today. All day, I was dragging my feet about it. My clothes rub against my side where the blisters are, and a wrong move can send me into a stinging painful moment.

    I asked my doctor if she thought I could run, and she said yes, and helped me understand how to treat the blisters should they pop. *gross*

    So, I did it. I didn't run a full 3 miles, so I will run 4 Thursday to keep up with mileage, but I did it.

    I promise a better attitude next time I blog.

    3 Comments:

    At 8:53 PM, July 05, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

    Sunburn's suck!!! I got sunburned so bad one summer that I couldn't wear clothes for 1 week. I probably should of went to the hospital but I felt so stupid that I couldn't bring myself to go. Plus my parents were so mad that they were no help at all!!!

    You have a right to be in a bad mood...put on lots of Aloe. I am amazed that you ran with the pain! You are so dedicated!!!

     
    At 4:11 PM, July 06, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    you're nuts!! and way dedicated. take heart in knowing i would have completely skipped the run altogether.... are you doing 12 saturday too?? uhhh, cuz i'm scared!

     
    At 4:49 PM, July 06, 2005, Blogger Stephanie said...

    AWWW Thanks guys. I really feel the need to get more dedicated for some reason. I'm always my worst critic. I am SOOO scared to do 12, but I think I'm more worried about creepy trail predators more than the mileage ha.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home