.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 23, 2005

    Motivation

    Ok, it's easy to say, "Oh, I'm going to train for a marathon." It's fun to create a blog and feel really nice every time you run. It's great to share your war stories with others you know are runners. And it's heavenly to bask in the awe other non-runners have toward your goal. But the reality is it's hard to make yourself stick to it.

    The temptations of defeat usually begin early. (If you are a morning runner, it begins when your alarm goes off) For me it was an e-mail at about 9:20 this morning.

    The e-mail read something like , "Hey, everyone we're going here to grab a beer after work. It's been a long week and we all need one." Um. Yah.

    So, I think, Oh, that would be great. But no, it dawns on me, I have to be outside running 3 miles in 90 degree weather while my colleagues are downing ice cold $1.50 beers. Ah, it's all about sacrifices.

    Meanwhile, Tally and I completed a succesful 3 miles. I brought the water bottle, which I usually don't do on shorter runs, but it was too hot for her not to have any. Now we are going to lie on the couch and watch T.V.

    The Route: Same 'ole: To the park...4 laps...apartment

    1 Comments:

    At 9:37 PM, June 23, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

    I think that it is great that you passed up going out for dinner and beers. I can't pass up food!

    Like tonight when I should of been at least walking. I was at Shogun stuffing my face with steak and rice. Yum!!!

    But of course I have thoughts of running tomorrow...I always do!

    Good Job!!! You are the motivation I need!!!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home