.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 21, 2005

    Hot Dog

    Ok, it's hot. I mean, it is really hot. I think this is the hottest I've had to run in. I was supposed to run 3 miles, but I think I only got about 2.5 in. I took Tally and she's panting like crazy right now. My knee hurt quite a bit more today...not sure why...and I noticed I don't like the way my shoes are wearing. Boy, I'm full of complaints.

    I think I spent too much time today reading other marathoners' blogs because all I could think of was all the other people would think of my work out. Am I doing enough? Too much? (yah right on that!)

    My approach is based on the philosophy that I would rather be underprepared and show up on September 24th than train too hard and become injured and never make it. (Which, by the way, I'm more afraid of NOT making it than the actual marathon.)

    Route: To the park...3 times around...back to the apartment.

    1 Comments:

    At 6:27 PM, June 22, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Oh I read too many other marathoners' blogs too. But I excuse myself on grounds that it provides an education--particularly on what not to do.

    I'm with you; everything I read/hear says go slow and do not overtrain or you risk serious injury. Of course, serious injury can sometimes occur in your living room!

    p.s. I linked to your blog too!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home