.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 08, 2005

    Weather Forecaster I Am Not

    Yesterday I was all geared up for 3 miles. When I stepped outside from a long day of working inside, I noticed some fairly daunting clouds drifting in. As I got closer to home, I began to obsess about the clouds and whether they would produce a thunderstorm. By the time I got home, I had pretty much convinced myself that we must be under a tornado watch and that the only safe place to run was in the apartment work out room on the treadmill.

    I left a pouting Airedale to run in the "safety" of the small gym. The room is incredibly hot, so the run was very sweaty. I found my two blisters (yes, there are two now) were really bothering me, but I forced myself to carry on, invisioning the pain and agony of the last 3 miles of the marathon.

    A few nice things about a treadmill are you can check your pace and keep it steady, (I ran the first mile and the last mile at a 11:32 and the second mile at a 12:00.) you can also focus on your stride more and make sure you are running correctly.

    I also got a chance to do some quick free weight work and sit ups, which I usually skip after I run outside for some reason. All in all it was a success, but when I left the work out room, I discovered it was absolutely lovely outside and there was not a cloud in the sky. Er...oops.

    The Route: 3 miles straight ahead with NBC's The Nightly News on T.V.

    1 Comments:

    At 8:11 PM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Sara said...

    "The Route: 3 miles straight ahead with NBC's The Nightly News on T.V."

    For some reason this totally cracks me up.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home