.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 29, 2005

    The Sunday after 6

    Yesterday I ran six miles. I now have a chaffed spot under my arm and on the small of my back to prove it. And six isn't very far. (20.2 remaining if you are doing the math). Yikes. It was hard yesterday. My left knee hurt, but I did it.

    Route: Switzer to the park, three laps around trail; down 85th street to Santa Fe; through downtown Overland Park; left on 79th street; crossed Antioch; 79th street home.

    3 Comments:

    At 12:04 PM, May 29, 2005, Blogger sheila said...

    you will get there!

     
    At 1:04 PM, May 29, 2005, Blogger Simon said...

    wow. there is no way i could WALK 6 miles. and yet you run it and still look cute. i am so proud of you.

     
    At 10:30 AM, June 30, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    hey..i'm training for my first marathon too... and i LOVE that you've got chaffing under your arm. i thought i was the only one!
    i'll be with you in spirit as you train for the KC marathon. i'm in KC as well, with Team in Training... check out my blog if youre interested... and keep on truckin!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home