.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 18, 2005

    Not exactly the morning I had in mind...

    Last night I had the best intentions of waking up at 5 a.m., icing for 20, stretching for 10 and running by 5:30. I have an after-work event tonight to attend so I wanted to flip my running schedule. I was psyched. Sure enough, alarm went off at 4:30, snoozed twice and I was up and at 'em by 5. I was feeling pretty darned proud of myself. My plan was to take Tally for safety (I don't like the thought of running alone in the dark.) I got her all leashed up and headed outside.

    We started jogging and after about oh, 10 steps I saw it. A flash. Then I heard it. Boom. DAMN IT!!!! I thought, maybe I'm still a little hazy. So I kept going. Then another flash. BOOM. Ok, not happening. It wasn't raining, but I am TERRIFIED of lightening. I bolted back inside, Tally was so confused.

    Once inside, (now Matt was confused because I had woken him up with all my rattling around and getting Tally on the leash, excited puppy and all that...) I was pissed. I looked at the time: 5:33. I had to wait 27 minutes until the fitness center opened at my apartment.

    So I sat and read some of your blogs and stretched some more. Then I went to the fitness center where I only had time to run 3 miles as opposed to 4.

    As I ran on the treadmill (ew.) I saw the flashes of lightening and watched the local news talk about the thunderstorms. I was certainly content to be running inside as opposed to outside in the mess. But it really shook my plans, and I got up a half-hour earlier than I needed to.

    Oh well, I'm still pretty happy to be running, even if it didn't go as planned. I'll probably be late to work too.

    3 Comments:

    At 8:50 AM, August 18, 2005, Blogger :) said...

    Good job...at least you didn't get back into bed!!!

     
    At 12:50 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

    Yep, good job working with what you were given. I'm still trying to learn how to sneak in my runs around the rest of life.

     
    At 4:45 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    yeah, the storm this morning was so RANDOM. it was pouring down rain, cracking and booming, but by the time my ride came to pick me up....clear skies.

    wtf? kansas is so weird.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home