.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 27, 2005

    Stephanie's Running Interview

    As a blatant knock off to Brent's running survey, I thought I'd take a chance to interview the RBF.
    So, without further ado, I tag Jeanne, A.Maria, Josh, Flatman, Liz, Margarette, Riona, and anyone else who wants to participate in my interview to answer these questions on your blog and then tag others who aren't named here. Let's see how many people we can get going on this.

    Q: What are you training for now?
    A: The Kansas City Marathon on September 24.
    Q: If you are raising money for a cause, what is it and why is that cause important to you?
    A: I'm not, but I would love to find a group running marathons for ALS.
    Q: What is the furthest distance you've run in your training and what is the furthest distance you will run before your event?
    A: 13 miles and the most I will run is 20.
    Q:What is your favorite flavor of gu? (or other sports gel)
    A:I like the caffeine in espresso and the taste of tri berry. I currently have two packets of tri berry in my purse.
    Q: How many days a week do you run?
    A: Three, same as TNT.
    Q: Are you injured in any way right now? If so,what are you doing about it?
    A: Yes, in the brain. Just kidding. My foot and ankle are sore, but no "official" diagnosis.
    Q:What is one item of running clothing/gear (shoes don't count) you can't run without?
    A: Body glide and socks that go slightly higher than the backs of my shoes. I used to be all about those cute little low-cut running socks. No more.
    Q: Do you have a talisman you are planning on taking to your event? If so, tell us!
    A: My husband! He's my main cheering squad and I think he's bringing a small crowd of our friends and family with him. That makes me the happiest.
    Q: Share one thing about yourself we don't know.
    A: I used to host Morning Edition on an NPR affiliate. It involved getting up VERY early.

    4 Comments:

    At 8:33 AM, July 28, 2005, Blogger :) said...

    Done. Check out my answers...

     
    At 4:49 PM, July 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Best wishes on your quest to complete the KC Marathon. I'm running KC also. It will be my 2nd Marathon. My first was St. Louis in April. It was tough, mainly due to high temps.

    I'm hoping for a very cool early fall in KC.

    Getting the long runs in during the summer is tough. Right now we are getting up at 4:30 on Saturday to run 18 miles before the heat starts building.

    Keep training and have faith in yourself.

     
    At 6:10 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    hey, thats way cool (the NPR thing. i'm a nerd. i listen... whenever the radio plays crap!)...

    i am so jealous you get to have your friends/family around you on marathon day. thats the one thing that gets me kinda sad about mine... its in san fran, so when i finish, i'll have to take a picture of myself, pat myself on the back, and start making phone calls! hehe.

     
    At 10:06 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger brent said...

    hey Stephanie, cool survey. i live in minneapolis area. thx for the pics comments...i was actually carrying my digital camera with me. crazy huh? its really small though, i swear. :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home