.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 21, 2005

    I was just using it wrong!

    It turns out tobacco isn't all that bad?! Here's good news for all the tobacco farmers in North Carolina where I used to work as a reporter. According to the Runner's World Daily Tips today:

    Training: Reduce inflammation and bruising with tobacco. Training expert Ed Eyestone recommends applying leafy tobacco, cooked into a poultice, to a sprained ankle, pulled muscle, or bruised toe, to reduce inflammation and bruising. Zap a few leaves in the microwave for a minute, drain the water, pile the leaves into a washrag, and apply them directly to the sprain or bruise overnight.

    Now after all that fuss I made about quitting smoking for this marathon, now I find out the stuff is actually good for my aches and pains. Hmmph. Time to go grab a pack out of the freezer (I know, I know...emergency's only!) and start unrolling it.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home