.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 16, 2005


    Here's a statement: I have never sweat so much in my whole life. And that's a huge statement for me to make considering, I'm a big on having sweaty work outs. (Ok, sweating isn't like my favorite thing, but I am not one of those girls who can work out without sweating. I'm a heavy sweater.)

    But today's run surpassed any sweating I have ever experienced. I finally know what it feels like to be one of those athletes in the commercials with sweat pouring off of them because, folks, that was me. It was gross.

    Oh, and I also ran 13 miles. Forgot that little detail. I'M HALF WAY THERE! And do you know what? I didn't want to stop. I know. It's strange. But I was kind of dissapointed when I saw my car.

    That's not to say the whole run was a piece of cake. Oh no. The first four miles were awful. I was having to get used to the sweat and I didn't have any energy. At one point, I literally thought, I could lay down right now and take a nap. But no, I'm going to run 9 more miles! The first half of my run had more walking breaks. I just didn't have a tempo going. But the second half, I rocked it out and the miles flew by. I ate two gus. (And honestly my second "good" half may be attributed to the energy they brought.)

    I drank tons of water and gatorade. And I even tried to eat a salt packet, but it was all wet. (EVERYTHING in my bag, including the bag, was wet.) So I kind of tore it in half and got it all over my hand and licked it off. (Again, gross.)

    The last half mile, I almost gained a furry running partner in the form of a large unleashed German Shepard who saw me and thought I was going to be his new best friend. He jumped on me, which normally would not bother me at all because I love dogs. But dude, I was on a ROLL. I didn't have time to play with Fido. So I kind of looked at his owners like, are you going to do something about this dog? And they tried to call him back, but he wasn't going. So I looked at him and said, GO BACK! And he did. Just call me the dog whisperer. (Or yeller?)

    The best part was, I finished in 2:45:00 (not scientific b/c we are just talking about me looking at my cell phone when I start and when I finish) but that is still somewhat on target to do a 5- hour and some minutes marathon. Ideally, I'm thinking a 5-hour marathon would make me the happiest gal in the world. But also, just finishing my marathon will make me happy no matter what time it is. So, we'll see.


    At 6:31 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger QueSaraSara said...

    Do you have a running belt? Dave bought one yesterday...the kind with six different water bottles attached to it? I can't wait to see him wear it. It gives me the giggles because I'm a bad wife.

    At 12:01 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger Stephanie said...

    Yes I do, but mine only has one water bottle, not the little ones. Those ones are cool and are for serious athletes, yo.

    At 11:05 AM, December 14, 2005, Anonymous Melvin Trussell said...

    There are a few books on the subject, some very


    Post a Comment

    << Home