.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 14, 2005

    Rematch

    It was me vs. the 4 mile loop that ruined my Tuesday run. I was mad and I demanded a rematch. It was hot outside and to top it off, an e-mail inviting associates at my office for free drinks and food from 5:30 to 7:00 popped up in my e-mail at 4:15. FREE drinks and food. Last time it was just drinks. But this was some serious temptation.

    I was on the verge of fighting the temptation when a second e-mail showed up saying we could head to the bar at 4:45 if we wanted to. Oh, several months ago, that e-mail would have been music to my ears. But now it was just in the way. An obstacle between me and my rematch.

    I was out the door. In my car. I was driving. I ended up at home, the bar and the happy hour miles away. But that darned rematch was on and if I didn't show, the 4 mile loop was going to win

    It was time for my happy hour... and I was determined it would be much shorter than that.

    I walked Tally and took her back home. And then I was off. 43 minutes later I returned. Satisfied, thankful and shocked that I took 9 minutes off of Tuesday's time.

    Here's what I did differently. I ran. I stopped once. I ran some more. I didn't give up. I didn't think, "I can't do it." I just did it. And it felt good.

    Take that 4 mile loop. I won.

    However, this is alarming: my right ankle feels tender? Weird. I think I'll go ice it.

    2 Comments:

    At 7:29 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

    Awesome Job!!!! Giving up FREE drinks to kick 4 mile a$$!!! You rock!!!

     
    At 8:26 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    hells yeah!!!! now YOU are zee champion of zee verld!!! that takes some serious dedication, skipping free HH... mad props to you and hey, fantastico!!! knocking off 9 minutes is killer. ya 'da bomb... n'stuff!!! heh.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home