.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 18, 2005

    Submit

    This may come to a surprise to many of you, but up until about an hour ago, this little marathon thing I have been talking about wasn't official. I hadn't paid for it yet. I know, I know, procrastinator etc... But it's one thing to go out and run, it's another thing to pay for something. I mean think about it, now, there is no turning back. I hit submit. The Kansas City Sports Commission has my $65 and I officially have to run this thing. It's set in stone. I'm locked in. There's no turning back. Insert your favorite cliche here.

    You know what's funny? Instead of obsessing about " can I run this thing?" "will I make it through training?" etc..., I'm more worried about whether or not I ordered the right t-shirt size. I think I changed my mind about 6 times before I hit the button.

    Don't laugh. It was a very important decision. That t-shirt is going to get a lot of mileage because you know what? I will be able to wear it and say, "I ran a marathon, see?"

    5 Comments:

    At 3:52 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger WalkSports.com said...

    Great blog! Sending in the money to pay for a race does wonders. That is exactly how I made sure that I was fully onboard with running my first half marathon in January 2004 in Houston. (I ended up doing my first marathon last year at the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C.! And I'm still here to tell about it!) -- Jon from Houston

     
    At 7:26 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Sorry! i did laugh. That's the kind of thing I'd be worried about, "Does my butt look too big in these shorts?" Meanwhile, 26.2 miles is staring me in the face!

     
    At 6:00 AM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey I just found your blog from Not Born to Run - and I'm so with you - the t-shirt thing is such a pain! I always ring up and ask the approx sizes. Well done doing a marathon!! I am training for a half in October (furthest event to date is 10km so I'm really scared), and I haven't entered yet b/c the entries aren't open. But I'll have to do it the day they open or I might chicken out!
    Any way good luck and well done.
    LBTEPA

     
    At 6:33 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger Sara said...

    You're awesome! I'm so excited for you to accomplish this. Trust me, Dave lives in his triathlon t-shirts now. You'll have to wear it proudly all the freaking time.

     
    At 9:10 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Riona said...

    I love this blog. Congrats on taking the plunge. The t-shirt thing is a pain - one race I entered, though was very specific about it: The tech tees are girl-sized, order your regular; the cotton tees are men's, order one size down. Wish everyone could do that!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home