.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 22, 2005

    Sometimes you surprise even yourself...

    Last night I really had intentions of resting the knee/ankle etc... on the eliptical. But I got home and it just felt like a running night. Strange. But I wasn't going to do the whole 4 miles because I wanted to rest my aches and pains. However, somewhere between mile 2 and 4 I gave up on that because I just ran the whole way...no walking breaks even.... it just felt great to run. I have no idea what my time/pace were because I didn't calculate. But I do know that there are days when you surpass even your own expectations. Yesterday was one.

    7 Comments:

    At 10:13 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    hey... well done you!!! what time are you running at though, because how do you deal with the humidity/heat??!!!

    what/where are you running this weekend? we've got 14 at Roe Park tomorrow... i'm flip-flopping between dread and excitement. if i dont die of heat exhaustion tomorrow, i think i'll spend the rest of the day eating ice cream!!

     
    At 10:21 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Stephanie said...

    I run at 6ish and it's hot and it's humid. I sweat a lot. Then I come home and gross out Matt and my dog. Tomorrow the plan is to run at Shawnee Mission Park two laps to make almost 10 miles.

    I wonder how you are getting 14 miles in at Roe on Saturday with the trail closeage. You'll have to fill me in on your route!

     
    At 12:42 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

    That is great! I so want to get in that mode!! Sweat is good!!! Drink lots!

    Thanks for the advice! We are going to go and check out a few park/trails this weekend!!!

     
    At 1:17 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger :) said...

    Good girl! Keep at it!

     
    At 3:45 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    trail closeage? i didnt know about this.... well, maybe its because we only START at roe..then we run under a few highways and down some street and into another park.. honestly, i have no idea. we've never done more than 8 at this park... and last time a bunch of people got lost. but HA, thanks to my Garmin, i was not one of them.

    you run at 6 eh? i might try that next week. the more i sweat, for some reason, the more i think my run was a success!!!

     
    At 7:16 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Wow, that's fantastic!! I literally cannot conjure up a time/day/place when I will actually go on a run just because I feel like it!!

    But hope springs eternal! God, I hope the sprinklers are on on the mall tomorrow morning... please, god.

     
    At 8:00 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Mo said...

    Good job! I have heard that real runners often just run, without keeping track on the watch. That is awesome that you just felt like doing it!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home