.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 08, 2005

    Overheard Sunday Evening out to Dinner at India Palace

    Me: Matt, do you think it's realistic for me to even think about running this marathon with the painful run I just had?

    Matt: Yes.

    Me: So, I'm calling a doctor in the morning. I just want to be sure it's a doctor who is going to be a good sports doctor who will work with me, not against me.

    Matt: What do you mean?

    Me: Well, I basically want a doctor who will tell me it's ok to run the marathon.

    Matt: What if the doctor tells you no?

    Me: I'll beg.

    (P.S. An appointment has been made with a sports medicine doctor in Lawrence, KS. Incidentally, this is the same group that performed my husband (Matt's) most recent knee surgery and he had a good experience. The appointment is set for Friday at 3:30. I'm not running between now and then, so I'm returning to the dreaded eliptical machine until further notice. I told the receptionist about my marathon and she seemed to think it was important enough to squeeze me in this week. Thanks for all the advice. Fingers crossed.)

    4 Comments:

    At 1:33 PM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

    Hey, I had a thought; Maybe they'll let you bring the e-machine to the marathon - problem solved!

     
    At 2:24 PM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Stephanie said...

    AHAHAHA...I had actually considered that. Maybe we could rig it onto wheels. I'm sure my apartment complex manager would LOVE that!

     
    At 3:14 PM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Noames said...

    HAH! I love the image of an elliptical on wheels amidst the runners. They let people compete in wheelchairs!

    I'm sorry you're in so much pain, and I have all appendages crossed that the doctor will give you good answers on Friday!

     
    At 1:29 PM, December 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Not bad.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home