.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, August 06, 2005

    An update on my status by popular demand

    Ok, only one demand, but Jeanne wanted to know how I was doing. Well, here's the scoop. I'm still really hurting/ankle/foot. I did one eliptical work out this week and then I just laid low with tons of icing and rest. I'm gearing up to try to run 16 miles on Sunday. (Wanted ONE more day to ice and rest) I will report back then. However, in the mean time, I would like to announce I will be hosting the carnival of runners on Monday, so if you have a race report, let me know. Thanks again for all support and thoughts.

    3 Comments:

    At 3:12 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger About Me: said...

    hey girl, are you sure you should be trying 16 miler when you're in such pain? i'm not trying to discourage you from long run...just want you to stay healthy! they recommend you hit 20 miler before marathon but i talked to many folks at my may marathon who had peaked at 14, 16. i peaked at 18 before my scheduled 20 miler was cancelled due to itb pain. let us know how it goes but don't strain yourself!

     
    At 5:41 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    I'm with partyrunner. Don't want to discourage you, you do what you know you have to do (that's how I am, so I know how i hate it when someone gives me advice!)

    But...I want you to go back to the doctor before you do that 16-miler!

    However, since you won't, just remember: If it's really hurting, just stop. I'm going out on a limb giving advice (consider the source please!), but don't try to push through it.

    I hope you did all that wrapping ankle stuff recommended in previous posts.

    You be careful out there tomorrow!

     
    At 9:09 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

    I am so sorry that you are hurt and in so much pain. But please listen to your foot while you run. Maybe plan to do less mileage and build it back up..you have plenty of time.

    I will be watching for your post!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home