.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 24, 2005

    Is 6 the new 3?

    Call me a chicken, but I ran on the treadmill again tonight. Why? Because I freaked out and thought a thunderstorm was coming. It turns out the storm was actually moving AWAY from me, but whatever.

    I completed my dreaded 6 miles on the treadmill. Six miles. Let's see, that used to be the longest distance I had ever run. Now, it's just an ordinary weekday run, no different than say, a 3? Crazy how this training thing works.

    Time:
    72 minutes
    Splits:
    12 minute miles 1-3
    11:32 minute miles 3-6
    3 brief walk breaks

    4 Comments:

    At 9:11 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger About Me: said...

    i love that you write that. i totally think that often. "today's easy is a 5 miler? ok. no problem." with relief, i think that, knowing my workout will be lite and easy. a few months ago, 5 miles would be my hard day!
    it's a cool feeling and also a funny one. when i was little, you know, 12, 13 or even 25, id be like, i'm a star athlete. and oh i ran 2 miles, i can eat that mcdonalds burger.
    glad you're back on track, stef, keep it up but better, stay healthy!

     
    At 9:27 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    i'm totally with you... for some reason 3 is harder for me than 6 now... definitely dont know what thats about!!!

    but you're awesome to have not skipped the run for fear of rain..... elliptical or not, you did it! nice job!!

     
    At 11:24 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    you totally amaze me. Unlike partyrunner and a., I still think six miles is a freakin' long way to run and I NEVER do six miles during my weekday runs! nevermind on a treadmill!!

    what is WRONG with me?!?! I wanna be more like you!

     
    At 11:18 AM, August 25, 2005, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

    OK, now I have to go listen to the Louis Prima version of Jungle Book (oobie doo, I wanna be like you, doobity doo..).

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home