.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 26, 2008

    100 Things About Me (Part I)

    1. If I want something bad enough, I will make it happen
    2. I am stubborn
    3. I'd skip dessert, but never cheese.
    4. Every night I take Gertie's bed and drag it into my room by my bed so we can sleep next to each other.
    5. I can't live without coffee.
    6. I want to be a roller derby girl, but I bruise easily and I'm vain.
    7. I will sometimes go see a movie just because I'm craving popcorn.
    8. And I never skip the butter.
    9. I have no poker face. Therefore, I'm an awful liar.
    10. I wear my heart on my sleeve, even when I'm not aware of it.
    11. Lately, memoirs before fiction
    12. In high school, I could have been Mandy Moore's character in Saved!
    13. I like Mandy Moore a lot.
    14. In Jr. High, I ran track, but I came in dead last in every 400 race I ran. One time I got third place, but it was still last and I was so proud of myself.
    15. My first road race was the Trolley Run in Kansas City in 1995.
    16. In college I made all my friends read Bridget Jones' Diary before the book was a hit and way before the movie.
    17. I hosted Morning Edition for an NPR station in Indiana.
    18. I loved working in radio.
    19. I want Terry Gross' job and her radio voice.
    20. Sometimes I wish I went to a college big enough that I wouldn't have to explain to people where it is and how small it is.
    21. I latch onto a song and will overplay it to insane levels.
    22. I am overprotective of Gertie.
    23. I like a firm mattress.
    24. And sheets with high thread count.
    25. I am light sensitive and sleep with a mask.
    26. I have a crown on my front right tooth.
    27. I worry about it popping off at inopportune times.
    28. When is a good time for your tooth to come off?
    29. I like spontaneous road trips.
    30. Especially if there is a lake and a boat involved. If not, shopping and fine dining will do.
    31. But I will not swim in water where snakes have been sighted.
    32. Or alligators. (Florida)
    33. One of my favorite places is the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
    34. I can't dance.
    35. I've tried.
    36. I still try.
    37. When I was a newspaper reporter, I once wrote a lawn & garden story about yard ornaments.
    38. And I went door to door to interview people about their gnomes and flamingos.
    39. Where is my Pulitzer?
    40. I don't like having my toes painted bright colors.
    41. I'd eat seafood everyday if I could.
    42. But if I eat shrimp and run or work out, I break out into hives and end up in the E.R.
    43. If I'm honest, I shouldn't eat shell fish ever. But I do.
    44. I hate my chin.
    45. But I love my nose.
    46. The best compliment I've ever received is that I'm quirky.
    47. I don't think cilantro tastes like soap.
    48. I've never waited tables or bar tended.
    49. Because I know I'd be awful at both.
    50. But my first job was at Baskin Robbins and I made a great ice cream server.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home