.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 13, 2008

    old friends in new places

    So, I heart facebook. Seriously. And I heart old friends. In the past two weeks, I've had lunch with a Jr. High best friend (and if anyone can be friends with you when you are 13, they can be friends with you when you are 30!), dinner with a Jr. High boyfriend, later best friend (who reminded me that I once sent him the lyrics to "I'll Get Over You" in a note folded like a triangle), connected with my high school boyfriend and more than five high school friends. Not to mention, countless e-mails from college friends including her. Here's why old friends in my life rule:
    • They knew me as me, no other person. They liked me that way.
    • They know goofy things about me like incidents that happened in 7th grade cooking classes involving way too much orange soda and laughter. And they still like me.
    • They call me Steph.
    • There is so much to talk about. Say the past 15 years or so...
    • It reminds me that I have always, always prevailed. And I have always, always surounded myself with quality people.
    • It reminds me that I have a diverse network of people to call friends.
    • History. Just good history.

    1 Comments:

    At 12:11 PM, May 16, 2008, Blogger Sara at Miller Moments: said...

    Hey Steph! :) So great to see you again! How are things - you're not too far from me - feel free to visit anytime! We'll have to catchup...

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home