.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 03, 2006

    Treadmill Randomness

    *Every eye exam should be taken on a treadmill during a 6 mile run. Amazingly, I can't read the little lines of letters on the chart at the eye doctor's office. But, when I'm trying to "keep my mind off time and miles,"I can read the minutes AND the tiny second count-down on the hanging digital clock at 24-hour Fitness.
    *If you hit the stop button, even on accident, your work-out will stop and you will have to start over.
    *Cold water that stays chilled in your water bottle and sitting in the holder on the treadmill is so much more refreshing than hot water from your water pack.
    *Celebrity news is good for about 3 miles, then it just gets on your nerves.
    *An hour and 15 minutes is a LONG time to run on a treadmill.

    2 Comments:

    At 11:39 PM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

    and hour and fifteen minutes?

    are you CRAZY?

    I have MAJOR issues staying on a treadmill for longer than 40. I usually want to gauge my eyes out with a spork after 20 minutes.

    It ain't pretty. It's so confining...what I feel like an insane assylum would be.

    So I give you MADD kudos for staying on that wretched machine for THAT long. Oof!!

     
    At 1:13 AM, July 08, 2006, Blogger Nic said...

    I once ran 13 miles on a treadmill when the weather outside was UN-acceptable.

    Notice that I said I did this ONCE.

    Way to go, though!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home