.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 12, 2006

    Glutton for Punishment or Just Crazy?

    So Saturday before "long" run Sunday, I just happened to be visiting www.kcmarathon.org. And just happened to print last year's training schedule. And then I just happened to grab a calendar and back it up to what it would be with this year's date in mind. And then I just happened to compare my own running mileage with that of the schedule and I just (you guesssed it) happened to be right on track. And then I noted that in order to stay on track, I would need to run 8 miles for my long run on Sunday. (Schedule says Saturday, but that is not a problem) I had planned on running 6, but then I just (fill in the blanks here) happened to run 8? Hmmm... Oh, and I also just happened to take a little side track from my fairly flat running trail to treck up a serious hill during mile 4 because, K.C. isn't flat, you know. But I'm not training for anything, am I?

    In other news, I also sat on my porch for 20 minutes post-run waiting for Matt to return from his bike ride, thinking I was locked out, but really my hand was just too sweaty to open the door -- dur. Oh well, I was just, uh, enjoying the quietness of my new neighborhood on a Sunday morning. Yah, that's it.

    4 Comments:

    At 10:32 AM, June 12, 2006, Blogger KT said...

    I love that you are thinking about a rematch with the KC marathon. Go to it, sister.

     
    At 3:05 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger a.maria said...

    ooooh. this would be the rematch of the century...

    and i was actually just thinking of you this weekend wondering if you were doing it or not!!

    fun!

     
    At 9:57 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

    Ah ha!!! Back with a vengence!! You've got it in you...

     
    At 11:23 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Josh Dysart said...

    Go for it! You can do it!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home