.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 09, 2006

    Me to the power of...

    24, according to my new gym. Yup, I bit the bullet and handed over my bank account info to the bumbling sales counselor who helped sign me up. (It's a good thing I know a little bit about fitness and excersise b/c he sure didn't!) It pained me, but it was a crucial decision. I believe that my marathon last September would have been a lot easier had I cross-trained stronger. I actually signed up with a MWFSun. membership, allowing me to run outside on Tues. and Thurs. It was cheaper and seemed to fit my work-out schedule. Should I need to run indoors on an "off" day, I can pay $5 and run at the gym.

    So, last night, I hit the gym for the second time, tonight I ran 3 miles with Tally, tomorrow I cross- train, Thursday I run. Friday and Saturday off and Sunday a 5K.

    2 Comments:

    At 8:43 PM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting that you can join your gym for only certain days. Good luck with the cross training - I need to do some of that myself especially weight training.

     
    At 12:36 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger R2B said...

    ULTRA MARATHON MAN is my favourite book too so i decided to blogsearch and here i am!
    Happy running and happy Blogging!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home