.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 19, 2006

    No shame

    It's official. I have no shame. I forced KT into committing a crime at Quick Trip. Are you ready? We stole tap water. Yes, and coffee cups to drink it out of. Actually, it didn't have to go down so dramatically. Thinking back, perhaps I didn't make the best choices in planning for the 6 mile run. Review:
    1. After a week of hot weather and hot, muggy weather predicted for Saturday morning, I still decided that sleep was important in preparation for my party (not the run, of course), therefore start time was set at 9 a.m.
    2. The start time would not have been so bad, but I also decided that due to the missing water bottle holder, I would forgo bringing fluids with me.
    3. Despite lack of fluids, I did not bring any cash with me to purchase emergency hydration supplies if needed

    These factors combined resulted in one extremely desparate runner who would do anything for water after mile 4. Ok, maybe not anything, but walking into QT, taking a coffee cup, filling with water and chugging? Didn't phase me.

    I feel so bad, dragging KT into my crime.

    Anyhow, the rest of the run was fine, except it was really, really hard for some reason. Maybe it was the heat? I don't know. All I know is that I have a lot to prove to myself during my 10 mile run next weekend.

    KT, hope my criminal ways won't deter you from future runs! I also broke down and purchased a water bottle holder on Saturday because I'm the kind of gal who learns from her mistakes. (Sometimes)
    P.S. Barb, I think we had similar run weeks.

    2 Comments:

    At 8:22 AM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

    Ooooh...SUCK!! Sloshy stomachs are the worst. Hopefully everything stayed down okay for you!!

    Friday night we'll have a hydration party from afar...that way we'll both be prepared for the longer distances.

     
    At 4:54 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger KT said...

    Ain't no thing, lady. I have a long and checkered past.

    The secret to water theft, if anyone cares, is to walk in like you own the place.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home