.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 16, 2006

    Going to my head

    I'm not exactly off to a good start, people. But I don't think it's anything I can't recover from. It all started Tuesday at lunch when I got my hair cut. I LOVE getting my hair cut. And because it looked so great, I just could not fathom wasting such a great hair day by throwing it back and getting all sweaty with it. I know I may have lost some readers with that last statement. (What? You skipped a run b/c you got your hair cut? What kind of runner are you?) But seriously, people, it looked really good. And so we went to happy hour with a friend. A well-spent good hair day venture in my book.

    Like Barb, I had the best intentions of making up for lost miles on Wednesday, but alas, that did not happen. So LAST night after two seemingly long days away, I laced up and headed out. Oh, it was hot. And my water bottle holder is MIA since the move. And it hurt. And did I mention it was hot? I'm actually blaming Nytro in part for the heat. She told us her bangs were cute, but she did not tell us that they make your HEAD HOTTER thank hell when you run. Anyhow, thanks for the beauty tip Nytro, but you need to put warnings on your hair tips specific to runners: Bangs will be hot and they will drip sweat into your eyes.

    And, for some reason after only 4 miles, I'm actually sore today, which is strange, but like Dice said, the wind was really blowing.

    Because my priorities are really in order, I plan on running my 6 mile long run Saturday with KT in order that I may party on down with my friend Molly who is celebrating her 30th Birthday Saturday night. Happy Birthday, Miss Molly!

    3 Comments:

    At 12:08 PM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

    I give you five bonus points for ditching the run and working the hair. I would've done the same. People just don't understand how rare great hair days are. Especially when the heat is in full force.

    OH YAH. You've got your priorities straight.

     
    At 3:35 PM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks Stephanie! I can't wait to see you and Matt on Saturday - and thanks for bestowing the gift of an entire keg for the party. Love you! - Molly

     
    At 12:11 AM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Sara said...

    The day you choose running over happy hour and good hair is the day we cease to be friends. :-)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home