.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 05, 2008

    my mid-year resolution

    Who says January is the only time we can resolve to start fresh. I'm starting a new trend: Mid-year resolutions. And here is mine:

    To have no more encounters with emergency professionals of any kind -- inlcuding but not limited to police officers, EMTs and firemen.

    This is out of control.

    Yesterday I was in an accident where my car was totalled. Yes, I'm fine and Gertie's fine (she was with me.) But my car? Not so much. After the great crash of 2008, (actually, it's the second crash of 2008 -- I was rear ended in Februrary.) I remembered something I read right after the separation. It's a book called "Crazy Time Surviving Divorce and Building a New Life." It's a great book, but on page two something rings a little extra true with me:

    Most people go a little crazy when their marriage cracks....Health Statistics tell you that you are prone to getting sick and having car accidents."

    Based on my track record, I should probably consider staying away from cars all together, but unfortunately that's not really an option. So I'm just going to set this little resolution. It's only for the rest of the year. By the time I get to 2009, I plan to have all of this out of my system.


    1 Comments:

    At 3:08 PM, July 05, 2008, Blogger Teresa V. Mitchum said...

    Have you considered taking the bus?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home