.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 01, 2008

    No Game

    People, you need no longer wonder why such a cute, talented, smart, successful gal such as myself has had to resort to online dating. I prove my lack of game over and over and over again.

    Take today. I'm taking the elevator (shut up) and I see Hot Neighbor who starts to say hi as the door is shutting. So awkwardly, I stick my arm out to stop door and of course, elevator door keeps closing, so I literally leap through the door as it is closing on me. Classy.

    If that wasn't bad enough, a conversation about summer travel went as following:
    Him: Last summer I went to Nantucket. Have you ever been there?
    Me: No, but my sister-in-law was married there and I've seen pictures. (Really? My ex-inlaws? I had to go there?)
    Him: Oh yah, it's cool.
    Me: (Must I continue along this path of destruction, you ask? Oh yes, I must.) And I got married on an island off N.C. I mean, I'm not really married anymore, but the wedding was nice. (And yes, I keep going) It's a great island. No cars. Golf carts only. (UGH!!!!)
    Him: Oh yah, there is an island off Michigan like that.

    Great subject change...as he is clearly off to the pool...

    Him: So have you been to the pool yet?
    Me: No, but when I do, I'm sure I'll be doused in sunscreen, sporting the wide-brim hat.
    Him: laughing.
    Me: (Now gazing at his obviously tan, toned body): It looks like you don't have that problem. (??!!!)
    Him: Well, I've logged some pool hours.
    Me: (Now just really wanting to end this ordeal.) Well have fun out there!

    And back to being a Monk for me.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home