.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 02, 2005

    My First Friday Freak Out

    I don't usually post a Friday freak out. In fact, I'm usually a calm, cool cucumber about long runs. I have been nervous before, mainly due to injury, but now that I've seen myself overcome injury and press on, I feel more confident. But today.... today is the ultimate test. The 20 miler is tomorrow. I'm taking a huge risk by jumping from 16 (remember, may have been closer to 17 when it was all said and done due to wrong turn) to 20, but I think I can handle it. After that, I have 2 Saturdays to taper and then it's MARATHON day.

    Today is also my last half-day Friday at work for the summer, which is a bit of a bummer b/c what I'd really like to be doing is not what I will be doing.

    What I will be doing all day:
    Drinking water
    Eating carbs (Not drinking carbs, eating carbs. Unfortunately, there is a difference...)
    Taking fiber (shut up.)
    Buying Gu
    Buying new running shirt and shorts and hat...all of which I will wear on September 24
    Downloading new songs on I-Pod Shuffle (Probably Dave Matthews as I am going to see him in concert on WEDNESDAY!!! Woo Hoo!)
    Turning in early for the night and dreaming of a successful run

    8 Comments:

    At 11:14 AM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with the 20 miler tomorrow, you'll do great! When it gets tough, just think, you get to taper for the next two weeks. Keep drinking, even when you think you have drank enough ... drink more!

     
    At 3:34 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger About Me: said...

    you are one disciplined cookie! have a great run! wanna hear all about it! and listen, even to the loud whispers, of your body. even topping out at 16 i feel good about you doing race.
    that said, enjoy!

     
    At 5:53 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger :) said...

    Good luck! Not to rub it in or anything, but I only have to run 9...

    Did i just say only 9?

     
    At 7:19 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Good luck!!! Just take it easy...remember the "S" in Long Slow Run... that's what this should be.
    Can't wait to read the recap! I bet you rock! and i want an i-pooooooodddddddd!

     
    At 7:23 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger a.maria said...

    !!!! 20 miles you're a super-woman!!! so much luck Stephanie, you're going to do awesome. just take it easy, and you'll finish strong!

     
    At 8:30 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Rae said...

    Good luck tomorrow, you're going to do great! We need to share running mix songs, I'm always looking for new stuff to mix it up. Foo Fighters have some great stuff to run to.

     
    At 8:38 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

    Good luck! I look forward to hearing your recap!

     
    At 8:07 AM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

    Stephanie:
    Good luck Saturday - I think you'll do great. I'll be out there, too, running my first.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home