.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 27, 2006

    1 year and other randomness

    Sunday my one year marathon anniversary came and went with one passing thought...Oh! I ran a marathon a year ago today. That thought as I ran a piddly two miles on a treadmill in a hotel workout center because I had to miss running with Running Jayhawk due to the stupid storms in Chicago that cancelled my flight Friday night. (To my credit, that short run was followed by 15 minutes on the elliptical.)

    Yes, I'm still running these days, although, for now, the shorter distances are suiting me fine. I'm finding that my speed is improving and I'm looking forward to a few fall 5Ks to test that theory out under a more crunch time setting. But don't be discouraged, long runs are still out there in the future, possibly somewhat near future (as in before 2007) I know there is a 4 mile turkey run on Thanksgiving in DENVER coming up. (Yes, I realize that is not a long distance.) And there MAY be a longer turkey run prior, if I can get myself in gear for training.

    This summer has brought many unexpected changes in my life and taken me to new places. I'm very happy with my decision to hold off on long-distance training for now. It will be there later. I'm also happy with my improved fitness and health, and let's face it, the pants size I dropped.

    I'm also looking forward to hearing about my friend Laura in the Chicago MARATHON! I will be reporting on her behalf if she lets me.

    So fall is here and there is a lot to look forward to. Keep on running everyone!

    3 Comments:

    At 10:25 PM, September 27, 2006, Blogger Josh Dysart said...

    Wow, it's really been a year? How time flies! And you're still here with us! We've sucked you in.

     
    At 8:25 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

    congrats on the year! maybe you should consider the Gobbler Grind marathon/half/5K in OP on Nov 19th (i think). fall running is the best!

     
    At 1:47 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Jill said...

    Congrats on the year! I'm now also thinking about running 5ks...imagine me...who hates running doing a 5k!!! You people are pulling me in....:)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home