.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 07, 2006

    Still Running

    For all you readers out there who have been wondering, is she running or traveling...make up YOUR MIND... I want to let you know I did run tonight. 3.1 miles to be exact. I didn't exactly mean to run a 5K, it just sort of happened. Here are my splits:
    Mile 1: 10:48
    Mile 2: 10:45
    Mile 3: 11:00 (I could feel myself getting tired.)

    It was a pretty hilly course, and by course I mean mile loop which I repeated three times. But I'm so spoiled by a flat local running trail that I sometimes have to force myself to run on hillier terrain. (you know, like Denver...)

    We then traveled to a nearby BBQ joint to fill up on some calories. Nothing like burning 'em and then eating them right back. Although, I have lost 8 pounds. Yup. Somewhere between July and now, 8 pounds have disappeared. And the funny thing is that since I decided not to run a marathon this season, the pounds have shed even faster. I still have a little ways to go, but it sure is nice to fit into some "skinny" jeans in time for fall. (No matter what my relative says!) And actually all this speed I've been encountering lately (speed....bwahahaha) I have been attributing to my weight loss. Well, it's easier to run faster when there is less of you. Duh.

    2 Comments:

    At 11:27 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

    It's good to see your very healthy attitude. A healthy and happy attitude goes a long way toward weight loss and wellness, in general.
    I've also lost 8 lbs since July, and I think it's because my attitude and happiness level has never been higher.

     
    At 9:37 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Nic said...

    Um, I know how that is! Sometimes I think it's easier to run during the week when I'm traveling. It's the long runs on the weekend that are tough. Carry on!!!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home