.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, August 26, 2006

    Running in and out of town

    Posting to you live from Denver, CO where I ran the fastest 5 miles today of my running career...10 min miles for.... not one, not two, not FOUR but FIVE miles. Oh yah. Thanks to my speedy sister in law who drug my ass all over Denver's most beautiful park system. It was do or be left. And I'm not one to be left behind with a Garmin that was not cooperating. So I ran. One foot in front of the other for five miles. The last three blocks my sister in law who ran the 10K Boulder Boulder in oh, 58 minutes, decided she needed to kick it in gear. Luckily I could see the street so I didn't mind being left behind. Altitude Schmaltitude is what I have to say about that.

    This is not the first out of town running experience for me lately. Two weekends ago in Eureka Springs I suffered through a MUCH slower 3 miles where I spent a mile running alongside a tour trolley. I could not go fast enough to pass it and it was going too slow to pass me. So I became part of the tour and obstructed the view of Eurkea Springs for all of the retirees on board. Fun times. Oh, and did I mention the extreme hung-over condition and heat in which I ran? For those who don't know, Eureka Springs is nestled in the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas. Read: Not flat. I wanted to puke. But sorry, Barb, I didn't.

    Then last weekend I ran 6 miles on the treadmill. (I mean with all of this scenic out of town running, why allow myself anything less than a good treadmill run...you know?) The treadmill was fine until the last .75 miles where I some how managed to push the "cool down" button. For those of you who don't know, cool down means go slower. And when you are trying to run 6 miles, the last thing you need is to slow down to a pace of 4.3. So I spent that last .75 fighting with the treadmill. I SAID 5.4!!! You should have seen the steam pouring out of my ears.

    And this concludes my post in which I update you on all the exciting running events in my life. You know, I'm really not quite sure what race I'm running for these days. And I'm still fighting my hip. But you know what? When I do run, it's fun and when I don't I cross train. And I'm just fine with that for now. Until next time.

    1 Comments:

    At 9:48 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Jill said...

    Hey, it's great to meet you! I'm glad you got to enjoy all of Denver's parks - A.Maria and I just went hiking in one over the weekend..but my fave to exercise in is Wash Park.

    I'm not quite the runner A.Maria is...but you gals have me inspired!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home