.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 21, 2005

    Overheard While Training For A Marathon

    • You are running a "what?"~ various people
    • Good job runner! ~ nice runners on trails
    • How far is your run today? Are you with the group training for the cancer support? ~ nice couple on trail during 11 mile run.
    • I'm very proud of you ~ various people, including Matt
    • Quit obsessing ~ Matt (and he was right.)
    • How far is your run tomorrow (this weekend?) ~ various people
    • WOOF! ~ Tally's protests when I stopped taking her because the distance increased
    • I can't gaurauntee a pain-free race ~ Dr. Cupp about foot
    • Did you buy more s#%t to put in your shoes? ~ My boss who has a theory that whenever runners have an ailment, they buy crap to put in their shoes.
    • How far is your marathon? ~ various people, obviously not runners
    • When is your marathon?
    • Way to go Steph!
    • Are you running tonight?
    • Are you getting excited for your race?
    • What made you decide to train for a marathon?
    • How long have you been training?
    • Steph, my toe is broken ~ Laura, running partner who was injured early on.
    • Don't be discouraged if you don't finish. It's a very tough event ~ My dad, aka Mr. Positive.
    • Will there be a place I can sit and look at books and drink coffee while you run? ~ My dad again, thanks a lot.
    • You'll finish. If I have to walk it in with you, you'll finish. ~ Matt

    Here's to hoping the last thing on this list is good news from my doctor today.

    12 Comments:

    At 7:25 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Jeremy said...

    Sounds like you should listen to Matt more often.

     
    At 8:17 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger :) said...

    Good luck and the Dr. today!!!!!!!!! Let us know how it goes!

     
    At 8:55 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Running Chick said...

    I love the 'how many miles is a marathon' question...or better 'how many miles is THAT marathon?' - like marathons come in different distances.

    I'm not judging people though...I didn't get the whole marathon thing either until I started running with some focus.

    Good luck Steph!

     
    At 10:52 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
    At 10:53 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger jeanne said...

    Oh Stephanie, I'm hoping for the best! We all want to know what doc says, not in a voyeuristic way, just cuz we care!

    love love love your husband! (assuming his name is matt...which i should know by now...)

     
    At 11:09 AM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are going to rock this weekend! Keep up the great work and pace yourself!

     
    At 12:25 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Josh Dysart said...

    It's going to be so rewarding when you finish! I think you should wear your medal every time you go over to see your parents just to remind your dad that you knocked the marathon on its butt!

    I'd wish you luck - but I know you don't need it.

     
    At 2:36 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Flo said...

    Good luck this weekend and I hope the Dr. has nothing but good news today!!!

     
    At 5:46 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Noames said...

    Happy birthday! And good luck! And way to go! I can't wait to hear all about it--and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the doctor had good news for you today! And I'm going to add one more exclamation point! Just because I can!

     
    At 9:58 PM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the one i get all the time is, "when is your marathon?" dude i told you when it was, yesterday the day before that, and the day before that! hehe.
    have a good race. this is going to be awesome!
    --brent from poignant

     
    At 5:21 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

    I wondered over to your site from A. Maria's, I guess just in time to wish you good look with your marathon. I just finished one Sunday so know what you're up against. Anyway good luck and don't forget to smile when you run over the finish line!

     
    At 7:19 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

    Matt sounds like a keeper. Isn't great to have a partner rooting you on. My husband ran a bit at the end with today. Thanks for bringing us to the finish line guys! Oh, and Mom likes to call any road race a marathon. She tells friends I'm running a marathon whenever I enter a 5k. So they weren't too surprised when I actually finally entered one.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home