.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 10, 2008

    dee-vorced

    Divorced.
    To better accept this role, I decided to seek the wisdom of my friends at dictionary.com
    1.
    a judicial declaration dissolving a marriage in whole or in part, esp. one that releases the husband and wife from all matrimonial obligations. Compare
    judicial separation.

    Matrimonial obligations. Wow, what were those? To have and to hold? To cherish and to something. Sad that I don't even remember.

    What I do remember is that I loved a man. We had a life. I liked it a lot. We were one. We were best friends. He loved me. We laughed, we cried, we cherished (yay vows!), we argued, we enjoyed one another's company. We planned for the future.

    But what I know now: I'm ok being one on my own. (plus dog -- that helps.) I. am. loved. Although not by one man, but by two parents, a brother, a sister, a dog, friends, strangers, my family physician (odd, but true), cousins, aunts, uncles, a grandma, and most importantly by myself.

    And I will be ok. This will not own me, define me or destroy me. It will empower me. enrich me and bless me with new beginnings.

    But to him I say, good luck, good bye and best wishes. May our marriage have touched a life, made a difference and benefited others.

    And to me, I say, cheers. Life is good. God is good. You are going to be just fine.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home