.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 03, 2008

    Impulse buying

    So why was I so embarrassed when I had to pay a visit to my local hardware store to buy a toilet plunger yesterday? 
    It happens. 

    Toilets get clogged.

    Girls clog toilets too.

    I know this.

    Then why did I almost choke when the helpful store clerk asked me if I was looking for anything specific?

    Um, not at all, I'm just going to wander around and see if anything grabs my attention. You know, impulse buying....Oh hey, whadaya know? A toilet plunger. Now that might come in handy. Fun! I've always wanted one anyway.

    And then I bought some candy (impulse buying) and a nice little herb garden for my porch (impulse buying.... HEY question: does anyone know if herbs die in extreme heat? I certainly don't want to kill these herbs...) Oh, and it was hot so I needed some water. A regular old nice trip to the hardware store on a Saturday.

    Side note: one year, my parents got by little brother a small toilet plunger as part of a plumbers toy kit for Christmas. The child ran around with that thing for months, making it almost cool to be seen sporting a plunger. That is, until my mom caught him actually playing with it in the toilet. Then he wasn't allowed to play with it anymore. 




    1 Comments:

    At 7:19 PM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Brittany said...

    I would blame it on a boyfriend, or a bratty nephew who tried to flush a sock down the toilet:)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home