.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 28, 2008

    100 Things About Me (Part II)

    I know you've been waiting on pins and needles for me to finish this.



    The wait stops here.



    51. I am a Klutz (capitalization intentional)

    52. I don't bake

    53. I don't recycle as much as I should.

    54. I make wish lists for things I want to buy but can't afford. These lists live in my dayplanner.

    55. I sleep walk.

    56. My parents used to put a gate up to prevent this.

    57. My friend Dawn improvised with an ironing board once.

    58. When referring to my friends, I often claim ownership "my friend Dawn," "my friend Jenny" and so on... I don't know why I do this, but I do.

    59. In seventh grade, I laughed so hard I peed my pants in the middle of cooking class. Unfortunately, I had a (non-related) detention that afternoon, which made for a very long day.

    60. I saved every note written in seventh grade; they are still folded up into little triangles.

    61. I love to be the passenger.

    62. Spontaneous trips are heavenly.

    63. As long as I have ample time to fret about what to pack.

    64. I heart my job.

    65. I refer to my parents by their first names when talking about them.

    66. Hi Terry.

    67. When I see a cute dog, I have a tendency to gush and sometimes shriek a little. In general, I refer to dogs as "boogies."

    68. I sometimes need to use my inside voice.

    69. But I prefer my outside voice.

    70. I was never popuuuuular.

    71. But I love the song.

    72. I do not. Repeat. Do not. Do scary movies.

    73. If a move becomes at all terrifying, a pillow is required to hide behind.

    74. I love happy hour.

    75. Who doesn't?

    76. When picking out a book, I read the back cover or inside flap and then at least the first page. I know pretty much right away if a book is going to carry my attention.

    77. When I concentrate, I chew the side of my tongue. It looks really stupid.

    78. I wear skirts more than pants.

    79. Every winter I pray that tall boots and skirts won't be out of style.

    80. Eventually this will happen and I will be that lady stuck in the fashion dead zone.

    81. Speaking of winter, I hate to drive in the snow and/or ice.

    82. Considering my summer driving record, it is probably best that I avoid winter driving all together.

    83. I let Gertie kiss me on the mouth.

    84. Aside from the ceramic flat iron, I think on demand and DVR technology are two of the greatest inventions of my adult years.

    85. I text my hairstylist.

    86. I'm not opposed to online dating.

    87. When I worked in commercial radio I had my own news jingle.

    88. I love striking up conversations with complete strangers.

    89. I'm really looking forward to completing this list.

    90. Maybe there aren't really 100 things about me to share?

    91. Nah, that can't be true. I never shut up.

    92. I'll think of 100 more after this list is published.

    93. Some unfortunate soul will have to hear me talk about myself later.

    94. I have my ears pierced and my belly, but I really want to pierce my nose.

    95. When I was a baby, they wrapped me in foil to keep me warm. I looked like a baked potato.

    96. No wonder I have to work next to a space heater all day. They set me up to be cold my entire life.

    97. My passport expires this year. I should do something about that.

    98. I once lost my passport in the Frankfort, Germany airport.

    99. I actually have the worst travel luck ever.

    100. My initials spell SAM. I tried to get friends to use this as a nickname, but it never stuck. Just goes to show you, you can't force your own nickname.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home